More photos here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1045917
A long while back I bought a large wolf headbase (with teeth, tongue, and attached resin nose) from DreamVision Creations. The rush order I needed it for ended up falling through so I decided to make this. I've been working on it gradually for months in my spare time.
I didn't fuss too much about being super breed specific. Mostly I just wanted to use up the headbase, airbrush some merle (merleing?), and try my hand at a flopped ear. The flopped ear turned out to be rather a lot more difficult than I expected due to the curve of the ear base but I think it still looks rather decent and realistic given all the fluff in the way.
I backtracked a bit after I had already partially furred the head and used antron fleece for the muzzle just to see what would result. I think this is a technique I will be using more in the future when appropriate as the fleece is so easy to apply and no trimming needed!
I used red, white, and grey furs and airbrushed the markings. I didn't really 'plan out' what I was going to be painting so much as I just went at it and then freaked out and cleaned some paint off and let it dry then went at it again then freaked out that I had ruined it when I woke up the next morning and so I reevaluated and worked on it before breakfast (primarily remixing and reairbrushing the red to match better and adjusting markings where seemed appropriate). Then a few days later I gave it a few more touch ups (added some more grey and darkened some of the black).
(crossposted to fursuit)